Thursday, 2 March 2017

January & February

We're well into 2017! It's March! 
March holds much excitement - meeting our baby! Our 4 year wedding anniversary! AND mum comes to visit in just a month's time! 
Weehee! 
Ok, so even though I'm VERY excited about what's coming, I will calmly recap what's been. So many special moments. 

January started with our trip to the Black Forest. Freudenstadt, Freiburg, Strassbourg, Neuneck... long, snowy walks... evenings with hot chocolate... Time alone and relaxed.




When we got back, it was back to work for both us. Malcolm's work in the lab has gone really well this year, which is excellent news! 
At the end of January, I went on maternity leave. The first weekend of leave I was quite sick with a cold, which I was such a baby about because I felt awful and could take no medication. 
However, the river had frozen over and I didn't want to miss seeing it. So that Sunday we headed into town just to see the river. One wasn't meant to stand on it, but there were a number of people ice-skating and walking on the ice. 






Although I had time off work, I was still in the Cafe and Tuition and Kinderclub and English kids-group. I officially had my last day in Kindeclub towards the end of February, which was sad and a little unreal to end such a long chapter. I also lead the English Kids-group for the last time a week later and will now have a break from that for a while. I used my time off work to fill out lots of paper work and worked on various projects, including the baby-nook




There was also my baby shower, which was SO. MUCH. FUN. 



I tried to surprise Malcolm on Valentine's Day with some cookies... but ended up only able to send him this photo... 


February was also spent using our weekends as much as possible to spend time together. We went to the movies to see Lala Land (thanks to a gift voucher that friends had given us!) and spent time wandering around the city and eating icecream.


I also spent a fair amount of time trying to take everbody's advice and go for walks, despite miserable weather and achy hips. If it's warm enough for the geese to return, it's warm enough for me to go out waddling! 


This last weekend Malcolm and I went for a walk together in the forest in our neighbourhood. It's a lot more fun walking with him than alone, and I'm impressed with his patience and his photography skills, helping to document this unique phase of our lives where we could become parents tomorrow or in a few weeks... 




After wandering around for a while, we sat in a field in the cold and watched the sun go down, a pretty sweet way to end February. 


No comments:

Post a Comment