Thursday, 20 March 2014

It's Spring! For real!

After Germany suddenly blooming into spring a couple weeks ago, it took a break and got dreary again. BUT, it's BACK! On time!

The first day of spring and it's just beautiful! Our beans and flowers are growing, the sun is shining, and the squirrels and birds are out. It's glorious.






Not even the fact that the bus drivers are striking and we're either stuck up here on the hill or have to walk into town can get me down. Ok, a little. Just on the way back up the hill again. 
(That said, it made my heart swell with homeland-pride when I saw the strikers blowing  Vuvuzelas. The strikers, however, were rather disappointing. The general German attitude of 'wenn schon, denn schon' seems to be lacking.) 

8 comments:

  1. I love the weather today! You have reminded me that I need to get my vegetable garden started. Time to hang some flowers from the balconies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for green things growing again! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!!!!!! I LOVE spring!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you. We have warm sunshine this week, but still a lot of snow. I can't wait for spring and warm days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't it just perfect?! A vegetable garden sounds great! I'm too pessimistic to grow one, just beans and flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me tooooooo! My favourite season! It used to be my favourite because it meant my birthday was coming, but now that we've swapped hemispheres, it's my favourite because I've realised how much I love the sunshine and flowers it brings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope it comes soon! It's been a loooong winter for you!

    ReplyDelete