Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Clap Along

Germany knows how to do Spring. This last weekend was just beautiful - no jackets required!

Feel free to hit play on this video while reading. And clap along. 
unless you're reading on a hand-held device. 

On Saturday we walked into town and had our first icecream since last year with Petra, it was a sweet come back! On Sunday we went to church and then joined friends at the Lahn - it was the perfect day to be outside, enjoying the sunshine. The guys played 'golf' and kicked a ball around, while some of us played "Viking Chess". I'd never heard of it before, but I loved it! Yesterday I went up to campus to meet Malcolm and have lunch with him, and we walked along until we found a sunny bench - it reminded me of our days on campus in Pietermaritzburg. It's a little odd though, because it feels very much like a South African (well, KZN at least) winter... the mornings and evenings are still cool, but at midday it's about 24 degrees and very dry. 

So, with that said, I couldn't resist taking photos of the pretty blue skies and some of the things that made me smile! 

our seeds have started growing already!

on our walk into town on Saturday morning.

eating ice-cream and squinting into the sun... sun!!! :) 

Coffee on our veranda.

Sunday's picnic... so many people were out to enjoy the weather!

Crossing the Lahn on our walk back home. Look! You can see a swan flying! :)

Another squinty photo, enjoying lunch on campus yesterday.


The walk back to the chemistry building.

The sun setting while I walked to ballet class yesterday

These little moments really do just make my heart so very happy! Even as we're settling into some sort of routine here, I'm so thankful that such small things can bring so much joy, can feel like such an adventure, can make it hard for me to fall asleep at night because I'm just so excited for the next day.

I hope that, even today, a Tuesday (nothing spectacular about a Tuesday), you are able to find something wonderful. Something that makes you smile and makes you thankful. 

15 comments:

  1. Doesn't a little sun make everything wonderful! It was lovely for our sons to play in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is almost exactly what Dan and I have been doing too, soaking up all the sun! It's been glorious, I really hope it stays like this now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeek! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song!!! =) And man, good for you soaking up that sun! Send it over to me!! haha =) Beautiful pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl, you're in a tank top?!?!? I'm so jealous!!! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. such happy pictures-- lucky girl! i'm hoping that your sunshine gets here quick so i can sip coffee on my veranda (almost there, but not quite yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now you're just rubbing this whole Spring thing in. :) Love to see those little sprouts of green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does! It was so nice to be outside in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The song is just so catchy and happy! :D I wish I could send it over to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep! Although, I had been wearing a jersey, but it got hot in the sun so I could take it off and my shoulders could feel air again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope so too! I'm sure you're all ready for the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, maybe just a little? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again there's a difference in language. What's a jersey? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha! I use the term really loosly as any pullover or cardigan. However, wikipedia says I'm wrong.

    "A jersey is an item of knitted clothing, traditionally in wool or cotton, with sleeves, worn as a pullover, as it does not open at the front, unlike a cardigan. It is usually close-fitting and machine knitted in contrast to a guernsey that is more often hand knit with a thicker yarn. The word is usually used interchangeably with sweater."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful scenery posts as always! I love your little veranda there, it looks like a fun place for coffee. :) I'm so glad we are getting at least a few warm days here and there...the trend for Spring is beginning!

    What are you growing?!

    ReplyDelete