Monday, 27 January 2014

Rejoice

Although it was a quiet weekend, we filled it with celebrations anyway. I like celebrating little things as much as the big things.

On Friday was Malcolm's mum's birthday! Hooray! 

Saturday marked 4 years since our love story began. 
Yep, 4 years ago Malcolm asked me if I wanted to move in. He's not usually so forward. Actually, he just knew I was potentially looking for a new place to stay, and he'd just moved into a digs that still had rooms available, and he thought of me, with no romantic interest at all. Awww. I said no, thanks. But, since we now had each others phone numbers, things could get moving! 

Saturday was also a lot like Christmas. 
A parcel from mum and daddy arrived! Hoorah! I was so happy to be reunited with some of my dance-clothes and my Bible (we brought Malcolm's along), and to once again taste the wonders of Niknaks. They've been really appealing because there is nothing like them here, and absence makes the heart grow fonder. And Jelly tots! And popcorn! And we got some sweet Christmas cookies and some decor, which we then displayed that evening with the apartment lit by candle light, it felt like Christmas all over again. 


south african care package

It was also a lot like Christmas because the girls from the Nachhilfe that I help at redeemed their "girls' day" voucher that they got for Christmas, and we spent Saturday afternoon with face masks and nail polish and chocolate. 

And finally, Sunday came all too quickly. 
But, it came with snow! It wasn't all that much, but we haven't had any since December (besides a couple brief flutterings of snowflakes that melted instantly), so it was exciting! 
Richtsberg snow

We had a really cool church service where all of CT's services were combined in a bigger venue. It was such a fun time with a rather interactive Bible story, time to discuss things with people sitting around us, dancing along to a video, and worshiping our Lord.

marburg tabor church service

Now, it's Monday and I'm not all that excited about it. But, as it says in Philippians 4:4... "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!"
and so Rejoice I shall. 
Wishing you all a most wonderful week ahead! 

17 comments:

  1. Aww, that's a lovely bit of post to receive. Jelly tots are delish!

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I didn't realise I'd miss them!

      Delete
  2. It's so interesting to look back at those very beginnings--you made me remember now, Angel originally got my phone number in order to give me info about the plans that our group had for doing some downtown evangelism ministry....things sure escalated from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a noble cause to get your number for! Malcolm asked my former digs-mate for my number by saying he "had a proposition for me", which I find amusing now considering how far we've come.

      Delete
  3. aww sounds like a sweet weekend! And congrats! I love celebrating all the moments of relationships :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a lovely weekend!!! Happy 4 years from the beginning of the relationship. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Care packages are always lovely to receive from back home! When I lived in Madrid, I had my mom send me peanut butter! I couldn't find it anywhere!
    http://liveitinerantly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They get me very excited indeed! No peanut butter in Madrid?! I'm surprised! It's not always in every shop here, but I buy it every now and then :)

      Delete
  6. Packages from home are the best! What are jelly tots? Like gummy bears?

    Haha, great way to get each other's phone number!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Jelly tots are sort of gummy jelly covered in really fine sugar... sort of like gummy bears but a little different :)

      Delete
  7. an anniversary, a birthday and a surprise package? that must be song kind of trifecta :) and your mom sounds so sweet - very thoughtful to send that package!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The package was really thoughtful! I'd listed all the things I miss, and she was so sweet to send them! :)

      Delete
  8. So many celebrations in such a short time and love the bit about how you got your now husband's phone number. I just love receiving packages, they can always brighten an otherwise boring day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it helps that I'll celebrate just about anything ;)
      Packages certainly make a day more exciting - especially since it was posted in november we've been anticipating it!

      Delete
  9. What a fun surprise! I love getting care packages--especially if it has candy I like :)

    ReplyDelete