Wednesday, 22 January 2014

I'll save you the trouble.

Yesterday I was looking around my stats page for the first time in a while, and was rather amused at how some people found this little blog of ours using Google searches.

In the last month, people have found us via the following...


I'm pretty stoked that a lot of you are actually searching for this blog in particular! As for "moms in embarrassing gym wear"...? Maybe it's because of a post I once wrote about what I've come to appreciate after watching way too many episodes of Dance Moms.

Overall, these are the most popular search words...


I'm amused that people are searching for German sausage jokes, Thanks, Malcolm, for that one. Care bears, well, I re-read this post about anxiety quite often to remind myself where my security comes from. And Marie Taglioni, a famous ballet dancer, is mentioned on this page.

As for German culture... I'm not sure how much of German culture I actually write about. I'm especially reluctant because, as with most countries, the cultures vary so much. This place isn't just Lederhosen and Bratwurst! Perhaps suggestions on my Youtube page yesterday will show you what I mean. (blink and scroll down quick if blood freaks you out...)


Anyway. Since I'm linking up with Cheers not Jeers, hosted by Casey from The Aslans Auspicious Albany Adventure today, I thought I'd save you some Google searching trouble and send you on your merry way to some of my favourite blogs. If you're looking for...

A South African buried under beautiful snow in the USA (her instagram makes me wish it would snow here again!), check out Lanlettie.
Really cool crafty things that are affordable for those of us on a budget, Saxon at Let's Drink Coffee, Darling, is the place to go!
A warm fuzzy feeling and motivation to do something kind today, head over to Jennifer at the Apartment Wife.
Inspiration or information for your next travel adventure... I love reading the blogs of Shannon, Casey and Melanie.
Info more specifically on Germany, Alex has some really cool posts too!
For random entertainment and insight, encouragement to buy crazy socks or hang out with a bear, then Rachel is your girl.
Recipes that will make you want to run off into the kitchen, Amy-Lee always has something good going on her blog, Club Narwhal!

Wasn't that easier than a Google Search? I thought so.



24 comments:

  1. I love reading posts like these! What crazy things people search and find blogs always cracks me up!

    Aww thanks for the shout out, girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite happy that I don't have too many crazy ones and that most people are actually looking for the blog, clearly they just haven't book-marked it and need to search every time ;)

      Delete
  2. haha german sausage jokes?? Funniest ones I've gotten recently are BOTH "Malaysia people look alike" and "White people look alike". :P
    And thanks! It's true--I think I have a pretty good corner on the bear market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... with your vast array of topics you write on, and rather unique experiences, you must get quite some crazy searches! But you're right, I think you have the lead on the bear-seachers.

      Delete
  3. How funny! It is hilarious what people search for!
    http://liveitinerantly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've certainly got some of the tamest searches, I've seen some really bizarre searches that other bloggers have been found through!

      Delete
  4. Love that you linked up this week! Can't wait to hope on over to all of these amazing blogs! Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun link up to be able to share some of my favourites! :)

      Delete
  5. I love looking up the searches people found me from!!! They're often super funny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just surprised that the searches actually brought them to my blog... like, what page must they scroll to?!

      Delete
  6. A recent search term on my blog "uncontrollable satisfaction" whaaaat? Thanks for recommendation ;) Hope you get lots and lots of snow soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah... that's a little creepy! :)

      Delete
  7. Yes, it is always amusing to see what people are searching for when they find your blog. I love the "sausage jokes" and the "moms in embarrassing gym wear" ones, so funny. I always wonder if anyone knows how to spell when I read mine....so many misspelled words, it is a wonder how some people find anything on the web!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! People seem to leave out the second "t" in Bartlett which annoys me a little, but some spelling out there does leave me astounded that google could figure out a result for the search!

      Delete
  8. Ha! I love the weird things people Google and end up on my blog (apparently Dwayne Johnson is a hot topic on mine :). And Dance Moms--hilarious! Thanks for the sweet shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, random for sure! It's a pleasure, thanks for the sweet recipes :D

      Delete
  9. Ah I love these posts. My search queries are kind of boring - mostly related to one post I did on ombre hair ages ago. "moms in embarassing gymwear" is such a good one. People search for the weirdest things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed that somebody searched "black american face piercing" and "all facial piercings" and got to me. They must have been pretty disappointed... ;)

      Delete
  10. Aww, thanks Erica! You're so sweet! :)

    I almost laughed out loud on the German Sausage jokes! Haha I love some of the weird google searches that lead people to our blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure!
      I really should find or make up some German sausage jokes, you know, just so people get what they're looking for ;)

      Delete
  11. Haha, I love these posts! It's awesome most people are searching for you though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I'm quite flattered! :)

      Delete
  12. what a happy post!! i was laughing out loud at your search terms.. sausage and dance moms? those people are probably surprised when they find you, huh?? and you're so sweet for mentioning my blog :) ahh made my day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a rather odd combination of search terms!

      Delete