Friday, 15 November 2013

Week recap

This week seems to have flown by. Time this year in general seems to be going just so fast. I’ve been reminded again this week just how short life is, how important each moment is. And yet, it doesn’t feel like I’ve accomplished much this week.

On Monday it was back to ballet... it was good, again, but the class seemed really slow and we only got away from the barre 10 minutes before the end of class, which demotivated me because my legs at the barre adage were SO low, and there was no time for grand allegro, which I love. But, Monday was successful in that for the first time EVER, I made fudge. Thanks to Candice’s recipe – hooray!


Tuesday evening we went to the church’s Discover Kurs, which is a course that covers the history of Christus Treff, and explains the various places in the church that one can get involved. It was fun and encouraging to see how much the church has going on in Marburg. As an icebreaker, we went into a room and pretended that the room is Germany and each had to go to the region in which we were born. Fortunately we weren’t the only ones who didn’t have a spot, there was a girl from Ireland too. 

Wednesday Malcolm did his presentation on his masters work and plans for his doctorate, which he says went well. I headed off to the Obenstadt to buy ballet shoes. I only brought my pointe shoes and Delcos because my comfy flats had holes and needed to be replaced anyway. My delcos worked for the last two classes, but they are so uncomfortable – especially because they have ribbon on, not elastic. So, new soft shoes that feel as comfy as socks = Hoorah! And then, on my way home, my mood was improved even more by seeing these pretty Christmas trees!


Thursday was pretty normal... though really cold. The town was covered in mist the whole day and it was like living in a cloud. There’s a temperature indicator up the road and at 11:30 it was 0degrees. Pretty cold. I finally went to the Zollamt to collect a parcel from Malcolm's parents - I wasn't sure if I would be able to collect it because it's in Malcolm's name, but it was problem free and I could get it, thank you!! Malcolm had a talk in the evening at the university which he found really interesting. He made it home without frostbite. Hoorah!

This weekend, we’re going on a “freizeit” for the Discover kurs... it’s just tonight till tomorrow evening, and I’m looking forward to it – making friends, Bible study, learning where we can volunteer and make our time here count. Okay and I'm looking forward to seeing a little outside of Marburg! 


Hope you all have a good weekend ahead! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, that fudge looks delicious! I'm a little nervous to make fudge but I love eating it (well, a few pieces anyway, after that I get a little sick :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been terrified to make it because it goes wrong so easily, but I was told the recipe is pretty foolproof, and it was :D

      Delete
  2. Eeek love all the Christmas stuff going up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too... it's like the story books I grew up reading, and the imported Christmas cards, books, movies etc.

      Delete
  3. #1. I LOVE fudge and now I want to make some!
    #2. It's not quite time for Christmas decorations! People are being silly!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I guess you guys have Thanksgiving first, which we don't, and advent starts in 2 weeks and that already feels like Christmas time :)

      Delete
  4. i want some pictures of you at ballet- can we make that happen?? and the fudge, yum- heading over to her blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure... I can do my best to make it happen :)

      Delete