Thursday, 8 August 2013

The body says what words cannot {Martha Graham}

I've been putting off writing all day because I don't know what to tell, or how to. Also, I want to keep things positive and some-what light-hearted as I write, while being honest about life and our experience over here.

So this morning I realised after finding myself teary-eyed searching for sour cream in the endless dairy-product-section, overwhelmed by words and things I do not understand, that I just miss understanding my world. 
Included in that is my routine which has, for around ten years, been characterised by dancing. I really, really miss dancing. I miss the floor space of the studio to do the coupé chassé pas de bourreé pirouette enchainment. I want to do Becky’s enchainment with the temps levés and the posé coupé jeté coupé thingies.
Mrs Boote, remember when I was having coffee with you a couple days before leaving and I landed up sobbing on your shoulder, trying to be brave? I could do with that shoulder right about now. 

So yeah, I'm sad today. But I'm trying not to be... 
I reflected again on Philippians 4:6-7
"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 
focused on the word "thanksgiving", and looked through all my photos and picked out some of my favorite... 

memories of dancing

I am SO grateful and thankful for the journey I've been on with ballet; all the starting and stopping really made me appreciate it. I'm so thankful for a mum that traveled hours a week to let me dance, for teachers who pushed me and saw potential, for the opportunity to teach, for girls in my classes who laughed with me and encouraged me, for little girls who squished me with hugs, for a husband that supported me and is still without a doubt my biggest fan. 

I'm filled with so much hope when I think back on this journey, and I just know that it was not all for nothing. I've made my request is made to God, with SO much thankfulness, that I get the opportunity to dance again. And I know that whatever happens, my future is in His hands. 

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Homesickness is no joke, just go out and do something silly to try to cheer up! Have you looked at the dance studios around you- are there any? I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I have, but they're all just too expensive, and with summer holidays at the moment it just isn't working... but when we move on to our next town I'll have a look there :) Thanks for the encouragement!!
    p.s. I tried emailing back but it's a no-reply address! :(

    ReplyDelete