Monday, 8 July 2013

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Let me explain this...

There are some great blogs that I've been reading, and this app is about the easiest for me to follow them and get updates. Remember, I'm a self-described techno-peasant (and Media Studies graduate -- head hanging in shame!), so I can't actually explain how it works just yet. But it's available :) 

So, feel free to follow our blog using this... it's pretty useful. (plus it automatically posts on Facebook, so I don't need to do that manually!)

There are, on average, 90 of you reading everyday and it's SO amazing getting to share what's going on here, as mundane as it sometimes is. I miss you all so so so much and this is about the most efficient (and we all know Germans are all about efficiency ;) ) way to send you "postcards" and stay in touch... because usually I'm pretty bad at keeping in contact. It's nice to know that there are people out there who get it... who would understand my fascination with bread-slicing machines and electric blinds and my frustration at trying to understand train-schedules and the lack of non-paprika-flavored chips.

We've also been loving all the comments on Facebook and we love emails and letters... two-way communication makes the world go round :D

Lots of Love!!
<3 

7 comments:

  1. I would suggest people look at theoldreader instead. Or anything that can handle RSS feeds, which includes a number of email programs. Or at least a number of good ones. (Probably Outlook as well.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest people look at theoldreader instead. Or anything that can handle RSS feeds, which includes a number of email programs. Or at least a number of good ones. (Probably Outlook as well.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Martin :) whatever is easiest... like I said... techno peasant... this works best for me - plus Bloglovin' is quite girly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I didn't even know you were reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would I not be? *confused*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, the link for the feed, assuming anyone is even bothering to look this far back, is http://thebartlettsabroad.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

    Paste that into your (favourite?) RSS feedreader (theoldreader.com , feedly, flipbook, the Thunderbird mail client, whatever) and you will be kept up to date on nearly everything.

    It will then automagically let you know when there are new posts. (Lots of other sites have similar things, including most webcomics and blogs.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, that's really helpful :) This whole thing is slooooowly making me a leeeettle bit more tech savy ;)

    ReplyDelete